About ForgetMeNot Africa : Our history. Our goals. Our people.
ForgetMeNot Africa's parent company ForgetMeNot Software was started in 2004 by its 3 founders who had worked primarily in the mobile software and finance industries. Originally the focus of the company was the development of a mobile appointment service reminder, but the team became frustrated with the complicated and expensive options they were faced with in simply trying to stay in touch.
The team then set out to develop the patent pending technology ForgetMeNot has become known for today allowing a mobile phone to send and receive email and chat messages on any mobile phone on any carrier.
Internet messaging on every mobile
ForgetMeNot Africa's aim is to bridge the Digital divide for African's by providing internet messaging on every mobile phone. Our patent pending technology bridges the huge gap between the internet and mobile messaging worlds allowing any mobile phone to send and receive email and chat message on any carriers network.
Today ForgetMeNot Africa has bloomed into a carrier class Unified Messaging service provider. We are headquartered in Hong Kong with operations in the UK, Africa and the USA. Contact us for further details or to arrange a trial.
ForgetMeNot Africa (BVI) Ltd is 51% owned by Cambria Africa plc, a specialist African investor; and 49% by ForgetMeNot Software, the creators and owners of our technology.
ForgetMeNot Software Limited (“FMN”) (such expression including its subsidiaries and/or its affiliates) owns and operates the Optimiser Platform technology (the “Platform”) and certain Websites including but not limited to www.chatbar.com and www.dasuba.com (the “Websites”).
FMN has licensed the Platform to certain third parties (“Licensees”) including mobile phone network operator (“MNOs”). Customers or subscribers of such Licensees may access the Platform via websites owned and operated by such Licensees (the “Licensee Websites”). In addition, access to the Platform may be provided to mobile phone subscribers of MNOs (to whom FMN has licensed the Platform), such access being via the SMS, USSD and/or Data networks operated by such MNOs (the “Mobile Access”).
By accessing the Platform the user thereof (hereinafter "the User") can utilise certain communications services (the “Services”) based on and incorporating proprietary technology owned by FMN. The Services include but are not limited to unified communications allowing the User to send and receive emails, Instant Messages and/or Social Networking interactions. The Services may be provided under the branding of “Dasuba”, “Chatbar”, or the “Optimiser Platform” or any other name adopted by FMN or its licensees now or in the future.
• This policy covers how We treat personal information that We collect and receive, including information related to Your previous use of the Services. Personal information is information that is personally identifiable such as name, address, email address, or phone number, and that is not otherwise publicly available.
Information Collection and Use
• We collect personal information when You first register with Us, when You access the Services, when You visit the Websites and/or the Licensee Websites, and when You utilise Mobile Access. We may combine information about You that we have with information we obtain from the Licensees or other companies.
• On registration You are asked to provide information such as Your name, email address, country of domicile, and mobile phone number.
• Your information also includes the information you choose to share with your friends and contacts whilst you utilise the Services, including but not limited to status updates and posting comments You post to popular social networking sites accessible via the Platform.
• Where you access the Services via the Websites and/or Licensee Websites, we automatically receive and record information on server logs from Your browser, including Your IP address and FMN cookie information.
• We collect information about Your use of the Services. We use information for the following general purposes: to deliver the Services, to account to You for Your use of the Services, to improve the Services, to contact You in relation to Your use of the Services, or to manage Your account with Us.
• Where You are a customer or subscriber of a Licensee and You are accessing the Services via the network and/or websites owned and operated by such Licensee then we may account to such Licensee in relation to Your use of the Services.
• Where You utilise the Platform to send and receive emails we necessarily send/receive the contents of such emails to/from the parties with whom You are communicating.
• Where You utilise the Platform to send and receive Instant Messages we necessarily send/receive the contents of such communications to/from the owner/operators of such Instant Messaging services (and/or via services interfacing with such Instant Messaging services).
• Where You utilise the Platform to engage in Social Networking interactions (for instance status updates and posting comments) we necessarily send/receive the contents of such interactions to/from the owner/operators of such Social Networking services (and/or via services interfacing with such Social Networking services).
• From time to time FMN and/or the Licensees and/or other 3rd parties may make available to Users certain additional services and functionality based upon the Platform (the “Additional Services”). Such Additional Services may include but are not limited to RSS feeds, interactive marketing and group purchasing, coupons, sports and entertainment related content and the like. Where You elect to access and use any Additional Services Your information will only be used to facilitate FMN and/or the Licensees and/or the 3rd parties to deliver such Additional Services.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
• We do not rent, sell, or share personal information about You except as is necessary to deliver the Services, or under the following circumstances:
o In order to respond to subpoenas, court orders, or legal process, or to establish or exercise Our legal rights or defend against legal claims.
• Where You access the Services via the Websites and/or Licensee Websites We may set and access Our cookies on Your computer. Such Cookies are used solely to improve the “user-experience” of Your use of the Services.
Your Ability to Edit and Delete Your Account Information and Preferences
• You can edit Your account information at any time.
• We reserve the right to send You certain communications relating to the Services, such as service announcements and administrative messages, that are considered part of Your FMN account (and/or Your account with a Licensee), without offering You the opportunity to opt out of receiving them.
• You can delete Your account with us by emailing Your request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Confidentiality and Security
• We limit access to personal information about You to employees who we believe reasonably need to come into contact with that information to provide the Services to You or in order to do their jobs.
• FMN may update this policy. We will notify You about significant changes in the way we treat personal information by sending a notice to the primary email address specified in Your FMN account or by placing a prominent notice on our site.